In Just 11 Hours, 'Reading Rainbow' Kickstarter Successfully Reaches Its One Million Dollar Goal
The goal was to raise a million bucks in 35 days. The campaign has successfully raised over $1.5 million.
Mark here. It's 9pm on Wednesday night here in LA, and I am trying to compose our first backer update, but it's hard with all the emotion built up over the day. We're all somewhat in shock.
About an hour ago, I left LeVar on the set of PERCEPTION, where together we watched you guys make the unimaginable happen.
We shot this iPhone video for all of you, right then and there (the below is a GIF, but you can watch the full video here)
As you can see, it was an emotional moment. We all dreamed and believed we could hit $1,000,000 in the 35 days of the campaign… but never, ever did we imagine you would get us there in 11 hours.
From the bottom of our hearts: thank you.
To the 30,000+ of you who have pledged so far: there is so much we want to share with you, starting tomorrow. If you sent in questions, I promise, FAQ's are being written RIGHT NOW! (So many of you commented and wrote questions that our mail server froze. #happyproblems)
Tonight, I can tell you that, as excited as we are, there's a lot more we can still accomplish together, and that every single dollar pledged to this Kickstarter will go to the same two goals: put Reading Rainbow onto more platforms, and get Reading Rainbow into even more classrooms for free.
From all of us: thank you, thank you, thank you.
Mark & The Reading Rainbow Team
- A married couple with a 4-month-old baby were both laid off by Google, while one of them was on parental leave
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- 86-year-old removes ‘retirement’ from his dictionary to become a startup founder
- Two Indian-born mathematicians US, Canada get Padma awards
- Equal-weight index: For diversified investments with low volatility
- I wish we move ahead unitedly, PM Modi extends greetings on country's 74th Republic Day
- R-Day: Traffic islands, roundabouts in Lutyens' Delhi decked up with artistic floral designs