India and China are set to sign their first ever security cooperation agreement today
China’s Minister of Public Security, Zhao Kezhi, will sit down with Rajnath Singh, the Union Home Minister, in New Delhi today to sign the bilateral agreement, according to a report by the Press Trust of India.
- The pact will cover a number of areas, including but not limited to counter-terrorism operations, drug and human trafficking, strategic intelligence sharing and natural disaster mitigation.
- The agreement has reportedly been in the works since 2015, undergoing multiple amendments based on objections raised by both sides
The pact will cover a number of areas, including but not limited to counter-terrorism operations, drug and human trafficking, strategic intelligence sharing, natural disaster mitigation as well as China’s infrastructure development activities in Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir (PoK). Kezhi will also meet Ajit Doval, India’s National Security Advisor, to discuss certain aspects of the agreement. The pact could portend a future treaty on the exchange of prisoners.
All will not be smooth sailing, however. India is likely to raise a number of contentious issues with China. Firstly, it will try and establish a consensus on the placement of Maulana Masood Azhar, the head of Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) - a terrorist outfit in
The agreement has reportedly been in the works since 2015, undergoing multiple amendments based on objections raised by both sides. It was given a renewed impetus in April this year after India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi met with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping at an informal summit in
As China takes a larger role in
Popular on BI
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- Government invites suggestions for union budget 2023-24
- India needs 1,000+ pilots annually, but training infra in short supply
- WhatsApp rolls out contact cards sharing on Windows beta
- FIFA WC: Lionel Messi doing well, says Argentina manager Scaloni amid injury concerns
- ADB, Wabag sign USD 25 mn debt facility for sanitation, water security in India
- Tata Aviation
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Interest Rate on Deposits
- Uniparts IPO
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Asus new Desktop
- Sandhya Devanathans
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- India Pharma
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World