India becomes fastest growing aviation market in the world; beats US
India became the fastest growing aviation market in the world in March clocking a growth of 27.4%, the International Air Transport Association (IATA) said.
The magnitude of India’s growth rate can be imagined from the fact that it was over six times more than of the USA, which with 4.1% was the second fastest growing market in the world.
“The domestic India market remains the fastest expanding market, with growth edging up to 27.4% year-on-year in March. Growth in the India domestic market is being propelled by the comparatively strong economic backdrop as well as sizeable increases in services,” IATA said.
“Although India has been growing constantly the difference between the two markets is significantly vast for the month of March 2016,” it said.
READ ALSO: Finally! Air India is now profitable
The average flight frequencies within India, IATA said, are scheduled to increase by 11.5% year-on-year in 2016.
Indian domestic airlines carried 23 million passengers in the first three months of 2016 as compared to 18.5 million during the corresponding period last year thereby registering a growth of 24.03%, according to data released by the Indian aviation regulator.
IATA said the global domestic demand rose 3.7% in March compared to March 2015, a dramatic slowdown from the leap year-aided 7.8% growth recorded in February.
“This was driven primarily by performance in the two largest markets, the US--which accounts for two of every five domestic passengers--and China. Domestic capacity climbed 4.3%, and load factor retreated 0.4 percentage points to 81.6%,” it said.
“India’s annual domestic Revenue Passenger Kilometer growth rate has now been in double digits for nineteen consecutive months. The combination of such rapid growth in India and slower (even negative) growth in other similarly-sized domestic markets has seen India overtake the others in terms of seasonally adjusted domestic RPKs over the past year or so, most recently Brazil, which it surpassed in March,” IATA said.
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- Toyota's president said he 'did a little happy dance' after the company dethroned GM to become the bestselling carmaker in the US last year
- PM Modi inaugurates India Mobile Congress, experiences 5G devices being showcased
- Jio will launch 5G for the entire country by December 2023: Mukesh Ambani
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- SEBI tightens disclosure norms for IPOs, brings mutual fund transactions under the gambit of insider trading rules
- Best camera phone under ₹15000
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World