India Inc may ask for rate rates as inflation slips
India Inc said today that the Reserve Bank must cut the benchmark rate as
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 32% OFF
AmazonBasics Zero Gravity Reclining Lounge Portable Chair (Beige, Fabric & Steel)₹ 3499₹ 6000Buy On
SleepX Dual Comfort Mattress 5 inch Single Bed Size, High Density (HD) Foam- Medium Soft & Hard (Orange, 72x36x5)₹ 5059₹ 6500Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Roland 3 Seater Sofa cum Bed (Fabric, Green)₹ 10299₹ 18000Buy On
- 33% OFF
Duroflex LiveIn - Pressure Relieving, Memory Foam, Roll Pack, 8 Inch Queen Size Medium Firm Mattress with Superior Comfort and Anti Microbial Fabric (78 X 60 X 8 Inches)₹ 12199₹ 19999Buy On
- 33% OFF
Duroflex LiveIn - Pressure Relieving, Memory Foam, Roll Pack, 6 Inch Queen Size Medium Firm Mattress with Superior Comfort and Anti Microbial Fabric (72 X 60 X 6 Inches)₹ 10859₹ 17999Buy On
"Given that CPI inflation has also been declining, RBI needs to reduce interest rates sharply to drive a recovery in demand," CII Director General Chandrajit Banerjee said. "CII expects RBI to reduce interest rates by 50 basis points in the forthcoming policy with statements supporting further easing in the near future."
Inflation has been slipping for the 10th month in a row, India Inc has been pressurizing RBI to cut interest rate.
"Under the present circumstances, it would be most appropriate for RBI to give weight to growth considerations and announce a deeper cut in the policy rate. We hope RBI and the banking community will coherently work towards lowering of lending rates," Ficci President Jyotsna Suri said.
The wholesale price index (WPI) based inflation was (-)4.05% in July. It has been in the negative zone since November 2014. In August 2014, inflation was 3.85%.
Image credit: Indiatimes
Popular on BI
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best deals and offers on Apple iPhones, iPads, and more
- ‘Extreme fear’ is ruling the crypto markets — is this an opportunity or a warning sign for investors?
- El Salvador's president hits back on Twitter after rating agency Moody's issues warning over its bitcoin buying
- pi Ventures plans to invest in 25 young startups with its latest $75 million fund
- Best deals on hair straighteners, trimmers and other grooming products on Amazon
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- India's tennis star Sania Mirza announces retirement from the sport by the end of 2022 season