India is building the world’s largest cricket stadium
- India is soon going to add one more cricket stadium in the list of 52 international cricket venues it has with the construction of
Moteracricket stadium set to be the world’s largest cricket ground in Gujarat.
- M/S Populous, the firm that designed
Melbourne Cricket ground, is working on Motera Cricket Stadium.
- The stadium has the capacity to fit in 110,000 people at one point of time, way more than the Melbourne stadium which has capacity to fit in nearly 100,024 fans.
Located in Motera near Ahmedabad in Gujarat, and named Sardar Patel Gujarat Stadium, the stadium is expected to be ready in the next two years. It will be even larger than Australia's Melbourne Cricket Ground.
Here’s a sneak peek-
The Sardar Patel Gujarat Stadium in Motera will overtake the Melbourne Cricket Ground as world’s largest cricket stadium once completed.
M/S Populous is designing the stadium. It is the same firm which crafted Melbourne Stadium–currently the world’s largest cricket stadium located in Australia.
The stadium is set to cover 63 acres of land and will have the capacity of 110,000 people surpassing the Melbourne Stadium can allow 100,024 fans because of its seating capacity of 95,000 people and standing capacity of 5,000 people.
The stadium will constitute 76 corporate boxes. The stadium will not have any column constructions and hence the fans do not have to face any obstruction while viewing the match from any corner of the stadium.
With this India will have a total of five stadiums in the list top 10 largest stadiums in the world. Presently, Australia accounts for the highest number of largest stadiums.
The parking area will bear nearly 3,000 cars and 10,000 two-wheelers
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- I flew cross-country with my 5-month-old son on my lap. Next time, I'm paying full price for him to have his own seat.
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala