India is the 3rd biggest investor in the US realty market today: Sotheby
AdvertisementIndians are the third biggest international investor community with $8 billion investment in the US realty market after Canadians and Chinese, brokerage firm Sotheby's International Realty said today.
Besides, 25 per cent of the international
I think and I believe Indians that live in the US are one of the largest group of millionaires in the America... they are already there and therefore they are investing in real estate," US-based Sotheby's International Realty President and CEO Philip A White told PTI.
Sotheby's International Realty in August 2014 had signed an agreement with Indian firm RealPro Infra Pvt Ltd and established its Indian arm under the name North India Sotheby's International Realty, which caters to the luxury real estate demands of resident and global Indians.
Sharing the details of Indians investment in the US, North India Sotheby's International Realty Founder and President Ashwin Chadha said: "After Canadians and Chinese, Indians are third largest international community in US in terms of real estate investment and had invested around $8 billion last year."
Talking about the
India as a country has huge potential to be the top nation in terms of business for us. It may take few years to get there, he added.
"Indians searching property globally, I think we all know Indians put big premium on real estate as a tangible asset to protect from inflation or number of things so I think they keep on looking at the opportunities," White added.
Further elaborating about the brokerage firm's domestic operations so far, North India Sotheby's International Realty Founder and CEO Amit Goyal said they have already tied up with some established players in the sector including Tata Housing, Sobha and Max Group's Antara Housing.
According to US-based National Association of Realtors data Indians had spent $5.8 billion in fiscal 2014 to purchase real estate in that country. China topped the list of foreign nationals with $22 billion in in realty for the one year period ended March 2014.
Image credit: Indiatimes
Popular on BI
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- Bill Gates says political polarization 'may bring it all to an end' and could even lead to a civil war
- To beat the traffic of Bangalore, you can now book a 12-minute helicopter ride
- Best camera phone under ₹15000
- Best 5G mobile phones under ₹20000
- 22 lakh Indian IT professionals likely to leave jobs by 2025: Report
- OnePlus says successfully geared up for 5G launch with 5G-ready smartphone portfolio
- This website generates videos from a single image and text for free – here’s all you need to know