India needs to grow at 9 to 10% for better ties with US, says Amitabh Kant
Niti Aayog CEO
"It is possible to provide greater momentum, greater fillip to Indo-US relationship if India continues to grow rapidly. India is growing at about 7.5 per cent per annum. It's an oasis of growth in the midst of a very barren economic landscape," Kant said at an event organised by American Chamber of Commerce in India.
"But the challenge for India is to grow at 8-9-10 per cent per annum, year after year, for three decades or more. And only when we grow at those rates, our (Indo-US) relationship will get strengthened."
Kant also stressed on making India an easy and simple place to do business, which would further strengthen our global position. He said that India needs to realise the globalised world that we are in, for which it has to be integral part of the global supply chain.
Popular on BI
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Taj Hotels’ Qmin food delivery app claims to be the only profitable business among its peers
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn
- India's retail inflation dropped below 7% in July for the first time in four months