India on its way to be the world’s third largest economy: GP Hinduja
Number of initiatives taken by Prime Minister
"India is already fourth-largest in public-private partnerships. If things go the way Modi is planning, India will be the third largest economy," he told BBC in an interview.
Hinduja further added, "He (Modi) has been brilliant in building up international relationships. He has lot of energy. Every day he announces new concepts and ideas. On the business angle, what we need for growth is tax, labour, land, power and infrastructure.
In reference to neighbouring China's growth trajectory, he said: "I am an entrepreneur. I have businesses in India and China. I don't compare the two."
"The Chinese economy grew very fast because it was not going on democratic basis. It is difficult for them to sustain that growth," Hinduja said, refering to the growth prospects in the world's second biggest economy.
Closer to home, the industrialist called for Britain to hold a referendum on its membership of the
"Uncertainties must be removed. In any business, common sense is the most important factor. I am a firm believer that any successful business needs talent," he said.
(Image credits: Indiatimes)
Popular on BI
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders