India ranks fourth in Asia Pacific in resume fraud: HireRight report
According to the
These discrepancies ranged from fabrications to inaccuracies on CVs primarily related to educational, employment background and professional licenses. Thus, the increase in hiring in 2015 as compared to 2014 in India also saw an increase in the percentage of discrepancies as compared to the previous year.
AdvertisementThe report is based on data drawn from employment background verifications conducted by HireRight in India. The types of checks conducted include those on employment, education, and professional licenses. Of the total 23,539 screenings done by HireRight in India, 22.55 per cent were found to have discrepancies.
India ranks 4th compared to the rest of Asia Pacific in terms of discrepancies found in CVs.
Malaysia reported 25 per cent discrepancies, following by
Kochi, Patna and Jaipur are the cities with the least discrepancy rates at 25 per cent, 21.43 per cent and 18.24 per cent, respectively.
Image credit: Indiatimes
Popular on BI
- Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh resigns amid ongoing turmoil in Congress
- Future of Work 2021: Work from home is here now, but people demand some physical sense at work
- Deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linkage extended till March 2022
- Here is what the Indian film industry can learn from gig economy firms like Zomato and Urban Company
- Cat lover? Here’s a chance to do your favourite thing for research — watch cat videos