14 jail staff contract COVID-19; Aurangabad cases rise to 2264
Earlier, 29 undertrial prisoners of the jail had tested positive for the disease following which samples of the prison's administration staff were sent for testing.
Reports of 14 jail staff members, including two officers, came out positive on Wednesday, a senior prison official said.
All the new patients are asymptomatic and they have been quarantined at facilities set up in the jail premises, the official said.
They are being monitored by health teams of the Aurangabad Municipal Corporation, he said.
"Since the lockdown came into force, nearly 60 staff members of the jail administration have been on duty in the premises for almost two months. The main gate of the jail will be opened on Wednesday evening (as part of lockdown easing)," jail superintendent Hiralal Jadhav told .
Meanwhile, the total number of COVID-19 cases in Aurangabad rose to 2,264 on Wednesday after 114 more people tested positive for the disease, a district official said.
So far, 116 patients have died in the district while 1,283 have been discharged after recovery.As of now, 865 patients are undergoing treatment, the official said. AW GK GK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- 479 leaked photos purporting to show Putin's secret palace, with an ice rink and pole-dancing room, published by Navalny foundation
- SEBI is hiring young graduate professionals for a monthly stipend of ₹60,000, last date is January 25
- The first pig-heart transplant patient was denied a human heart after failing to follow doctors' orders
- Decentralised file sharing, movie streaming, and much more — these are top five Web3 cryptocurrencies to keep an eye on in 2022
- This Indian couple plans to get married in a Hogwarts-themed metaverse to beat the pandemic's restrictions
- Here are some of Netaji’s inspirational quotes as India remembers its valiant fighter
- Lifecycle of cryptocurrencies – From creation to trade and destruction
- Reliance Industries net profit more than triples in the last eight quarters to $2.8 billion