14 jail staff contract COVID-19; Aurangabad cases rise to 2264
Earlier, 29 undertrial prisoners of the jail had tested positive for the disease following which samples of the prison's administration staff were sent for testing.
Reports of 14 jail staff members, including two officers, came out positive on Wednesday, a senior prison official said.
All the new patients are asymptomatic and they have been quarantined at facilities set up in the jail premises, the official said.
They are being monitored by health teams of the Aurangabad Municipal Corporation, he said.
"Since the lockdown came into force, nearly 60 staff members of the jail administration have been on duty in the premises for almost two months. The main gate of the jail will be opened on Wednesday evening (as part of lockdown easing)," jail superintendent Hiralal Jadhav told .
Meanwhile, the total number of COVID-19 cases in Aurangabad rose to 2,264 on Wednesday after 114 more people tested positive for the disease, a district official said.
So far, 116 patients have died in the district while 1,283 have been discharged after recovery.As of now, 865 patients are undergoing treatment, the official said. AW GK GK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- OnePlus blames voltage fluctuation after a user reports Nord 2 charger explosion
- Dropbox's billionaire founder Drew Houston says the 40-hour office week is a thing of the past and the pandemic has changed work forever
- Facebook pumping $50 million into its metaverse project is another sign that Zuckerberg doesn’t want to miss the crypto bus
- Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC IPO opens today, analysts bet high on the growing mutual fund industry
- Paras Defence and Space Technologies IPO: How to check for your refund if you have not received the allotment
- Buy biodegradable sanitary pads for women in India
- Best baby booster seat in India
- Amazon-backed Capital Float plans to go big in the buy now, pay later segment; raises $50 million