15 test positive for COVID-19 in Bihar, total rises to 761
While nine of the patients hail from Begusarai, two are from Darbhanga, one each from Nalanda, Samastipur, Sheikhpura and Supaul districts.
"We are ascertaining the infection trail," Health Department's Principal Secretary Sanjay Kumar said.
Most of the patients are in the 20-40 age group, he said.
Coronavirus has spread to 37 of the state's 38districts, leaving Jamui unaffected.
Six fatalities have so far been reported -- one eachfrom Patna, Rohtas, Munger, Vaishali, East Champaran and Sitamarhi. COVID-19 patients, who died during the course of treatment, were also suffering from other serious illnesses.
While 377 people have recovered, there are 378 active cases in the state at present.
Munger has reported the maximum number of cases at 115, followed by Patna at 70, Rohtas (59), Buxar (56), Nalanda (50), Siwan (33), Kaimur (32), Begusarai (31). These are among the worst affected districts.A total of 36,053 samples have been tested so far at the seven facilities in Patna, Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur and Darbhanga, officials said. AR SOM DVDV
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Ready to introduce same-day settlement of trades by March 2024: Sebi chief
- Grok AI chatbot to reach all English-language users in about a week: Musk
- What are the two climate declarations India has been hesitant to sign at COP28?
- This 400-million-year-old fossil is the oldest disease-causing fungus we've ever seen!
- 10 Best places to visit in India for New Year 2024