161 new coronavirus cases in MP, six deaths
With six patients dying, the COVID-19 death toll rose to 482 in the state, he added.
Bhopal reported highest 49 cases since Tuesday evening, followed by 44 in Indore.
The health department also revised Tuesdays total of coronavirus cases in Madhya Pradesh to 11,083 from earlier 11,069.
On Wednesday, four deaths were reported from Indore and two from Sagar due to COVID-19-related causes.
On the other hand, no new coronavirus case was reported from 34 districts since Tuesday evening.
Six districts in the state did not have any active cases as of Wednesday, the health bulletin said.
The number of cases in Indore, the worst-hit district in the state, rose by 44 to 4,134 and death toll to 182.
State capital Bhopal has recorded 2,332 coronavirus cases including 73 deaths.
There are 1,091 active containment zones in the state at present. 236 persons were discharged from hospitals after post-treatment recovery on Wednesday.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- After a near-record run at the top of Netflix's US Top 10 list, pop culture smash 'Squid Game' has been bumped by another show
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Best high speed monochrome printers in India
- Best portable room heaters in India
- Best nose pins for those without piercing in India
- Best high speed blenders in India
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks