172 new COVID-19 cases in Noida, another death takes toll to 31
The district also recorded one more fatality due to the novel coronavirus, raising the death toll to 31, according to the data released by the Uttar Pradesh Health Department for a 24-hour period.
There are currently 1,011 active cases of COVID-19 in Gautam Buddh Nagar, second only to adjoining Ghaziabad (1,352), it showed.Also, 125 patients got discharged since Wednesday, taking the number of total recoveries to 2,136 in the district so far, the data showed.
As per the latest death toll of 31, the mortality rate in the district stood at 0.97 per cent, it added.Gautam Buddh Nagar (1,011) currently has the second highest number of active COVID-19 cases after adjoining Ghaziabad district (1,352) in the state, the data showed.
They are followed by Lucknow (855), Kanpur Nagar (464), Meerut (411), Varanasi (285), Aligarh (282), Bareilly (289), Bulandshahr (250), Jhansi (264), Allahabad (170), Gorakhpur (172), Mathura (192) and Hapur (186), it stated.From Wednesday to Thursday, 1,248 new COVID-19 cases were reported across districts in the state, while 796 patients got discharged from hospitals and 17 deaths were recorded, it showed. As of Thursday, there were 10,373 active COVID-19 cases in UP, while 21,127 patients have been discharged from hospitals and 862 deaths have been recorded so far, it added.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai pledges $150 million for COVID-19 vaccine education and distribution
- COVID-19 vaccine recipient dies after getting jab in California
- India, Pakistan spar over minority rights at the UN General Assembly
- WFH induced tax challenges a burden for India's IT cos, analysts seek clarification in Budget 2021
- TCS briefly beats Accenture to become the world's largest IT company