2 more die of COVID-19 in UP, total cases climbs to 773
"The number of coronavirus positive cases in the state are 773 in 48 districts. Thirteen deaths have been reported due to the virus while 69 patients have been treated and discharged," Principal Secretary, Health, Amit Mohan Prasad told reporters here.
Among the 13 deaths, maximum five are from Agra, two from Moradabad and one each from Lucknow, Kanpur, Basti, Meerut, Bulanshahr and Varanasi, sources said.
Prasad said the government has decided to conduct "death audit" of all the ccoronavirus patients, who could not survive, to have a better understanding in dealing with such cases in the future.
Prasad said those who had died mostly include elderly persons or those who had some prior medical conditions.
The government has started pool testing, which is being done for the first tiime in the country in Uttar Pradesh, he said.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon says he isn't afraid of China, but would leave if the US government told him to
- Charlie Munger once said he and Warren Buffett weren't interested in emulating Elon Musk: 'We don't want that much failure'
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Tax implications on income of a minor – What every parent should know
- Top 10 foods that aid in lowering cholesterol
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- From hospitality to financial services – Top 10 industries for new startups in India
- The best apps and games of 2023, as per Apple