2 relatives of Tablighi Jamaat chief test positive for COVID-19 in UP's Saharanpur
After the two relatives of Kandhalvi tested positive for COVID-19, the district administration sealed Mufti locality in Mandi area here, Saharanpur DM Akhilesh Singh told .
He said eight other people from the area were placed under quarantine.
The two persons who tested positive are Kandhalvi's in-laws and they had stayed at the Tablighi Jamaat's Markaz in Delhi's Nizamuddin before the COVID-19 lockdown was imposed, the district magistrate said.
They had recently returned from South Africa and quarantined along with two other persons, Singh said.The authorities are now trying to find those people who came in contact with the two relatives of the Tablighi Jamaat's leader. CORR AD
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Top 10 must-visit destinations in South Africa
- Indian markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Stock markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Icy pebbles may be carrying water to developing planets across the cosmos!
- With $500 billion in reserves, LIC is the world’s fourth largest insurer