22 US deportees among 64 fresh COVID-19 cases in Haryana; tally rises to 1,131
The state's worst-hit Gurgaon, Faridabad and Sonipat districts reported 25 fresh infections, they said.
A total of 76 people from Haryana were part of a group of over 160 Indians who were deported from the US earlier this week. They reached Amritsar in Punjab on a special chartered flight with others and were later brought to Panchkula."Twenty-two of these 76 who were tested have been found COVID positive," Health Minister Anil Vij told reporters.
Gurgaon reported 12 cases, Faridabad 10 and Sonipat three, a state health department bulletin said.Panipat reported seven cases; Jind and Hisar three each, Bhiwani two, and Palwal and Karnal one each, it said.
According to the bulletin, Haryana has 365 active COVID-19 cases. The state has a recovery rate of 66.31 per cent, fatality rate of 1.41 per cent and tests per million being conducted are 3,709.Haryana has recorded 16 COVID-19 deaths so far. SUN VSD DIV DIV
- Kerala sets up committee on vaccine manufacturing centre
- Gap between COVID-19 recoveries and active cases steadily increasing: Health ministry
- Ola brings on board former General Motors veteran to lead the global manufacturing and operations of its electric business
- Spotify is the latest to hop on the Instagram-like stories bandwagon and people are asking why
- Upcoming car launches in December — Nissan Magnite, Audi S5 Sportback, Tata Altroz Turbo, and more