23 cops have contracted coronavirus in Maharashtra so far
Fifteen of these personnel are based in Mumbai, hesaid.
Police are among the 'frontline' workers in the battleagainst the pandemic, as they are busy enforcing lockdown.Since March 22, at least seven police officers and 16constables have been found to have contracted the infection,the official said.
The police in every district have been provided withmobile disinfection vans, he informed.The police in the state have also faced attacks whileenforcing lockdown. As many as 97 police pesonnel wereattacked by anti-social elements, and 162 persons have beenarrested in these cases, the official said.
For defiance of restrictions of movement duringlockdown, 46,671 cases have been registered under section 188of IPC (disobedience to order of public servant) and 9,155persons arrested in the state.A total of 1,019 offences of illegal transportationof people has been registered, and 31,296 vehicles seized Around Rs 1.70 crore in fine was collected from thevehicle owners for violating prohibitory orders, the officialsaid. DCKRK KRK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Apple to launch its 'strict' new privacy feature in next iOS 14 beta
- Instagram launches new layout for "Stories" feature for desktop users
- Honda to export new City 2020 from India to left-hand drive markets
- WhatsApp to add additional security layer for users to link account to computers
- AAP to contest elections in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Goa, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat in 2022, says Arvind Kejriwal