2,650 people arrested in Assam for violating lockdown: Police
In its daily report on the lockdown, Assam Policementioned that 1,328 cases have been registered for 2,208incidents since the beginning of the restrictions.
Accordingly, 2,688 people have been arrested for thesecases, it said.The police have also realised a total fine of Rs1,22,10,000 for violating the norms of the lockdown.
The Assam Police is also taking a proactive standagainst fake news and said action is being taken against thosespreading provocative content and rumours about COVID-19 onsocial media.As on Friday, 85 cases have been registered and 46persons were arrested, the official release said.
To stop the spread of the deadly novel coronavirus inthe state, 22 locations in 12 districts were totally sealedand declared as containment zones by the authorities, itadded.According to Assam Health and Family Welfare MinisterHimanta Biswa Sarma, the state has tested a total of 6,459samples for novel coronavirus, of which 35 have been foundpositive and one has died, while 19 have been cured andreleased from hospitals.However, as per the Union Ministry of Health andFamily Welfare, Assam has reported 36 confirmed cases forCOVID-19 so far. TRRG RG
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- 1.28 lakh people over 60 years get 1st dose of COVID vaccine on first day
- Chinese hackers target Indian vaccine makers SII and Bharat Biotech: Report
- GST revenue up 7% year-on-year in February to over ₹1.13 lakh crore
- Here is the list of common side-effects of COVID-19, so that you don't panic if you get these
- These are the top 10 likely IPOs scheduled in March 2021