38-year-old patient dies of COVID-19, takes death toll to 12
Health Minister Malladi Krishna Rao told newsmen on Tuesday that with the death of 38-year-old man belonging to neighbouring Lawspet village, the number of fatalities rose to 12 in the Union Territory.
He said the patient, admitted to the hospital on June 15, died on Monday.
He said 28 of the fresh 31 cases were admitted to the hospitals here, including the Centrally administered JIPMER, and the remaining three were hospitalised in Yanam region, an enclave of Puducherry in Andhra Pradesh.
An official source told that the cumulative COVID-19 cases in the Union Territory stood at 714 after shifting seven cases to the Tamil Nadu account.
The total active cases stood at 430, while272 cases were treated and discharged.
A medical bulletin said the 31 new cases were identified today at the end of testing of 558 samples.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Virat Kohli's T20I journey as captain is better than Dhoni's
- Gen Z decoded: MTV's latest report reflects Gen Z’s behavior patterns,mindsets, habits and perceptions
- From ecommerce to payments — here are the top funded business models of last one year
- ISRO’s Aditya-L1 — All that we know about India's first solar mission
- Eightfold.ai is looking to hire 300 techies from India and across the globe