38-year-old patient dies of COVID-19, takes death toll to 12
Health Minister Malladi Krishna Rao told newsmen on Tuesday that with the death of 38-year-old man belonging to neighbouring Lawspet village, the number of fatalities rose to 12 in the Union Territory.
He said the patient, admitted to the hospital on June 15, died on Monday.He said 28 of the fresh 31 cases were admitted to the hospitals here, including the Centrally administered JIPMER, and the remaining three were hospitalised in Yanam region, an enclave of Puducherry in Andhra Pradesh.
The total active cases stood at 430, while272 cases were treated and discharged.A medical bulletin said the 31 new cases were identified today at the end of testing of 558 samples.
The regionwise break-up of 430 active cases is: Puducherry (389), Karaikal (35) Yanam (two) and Mahe (four), the bulletin said. COR NVG NVG
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- The decision not to have a kid is personal — but the social pressure against the choice is all-pervasive
- K'taka budget will focus on welfare of women & their development: CM
- Global consumer spending on apps to reach $270 billion annually by 2025
- Farmers announce series of Mahapanchayats in March
- Huawei aims to make electric cars later this year