4 more coronavirus cases in Chandigarh, total now 200
Chandigarh, May 19 () Four people, including a 12-year-old boy, tested positive for coronavirus in Chandigarh on Tuesday, taking the number of infected to 200, officials said.
Three of them are residents of Bapu Dham colony, the worst affected area in the city, while one is from Dhanas area, according to a medical bulletin.The number of recovered persons in the union territory rose to 57 after three more patients, including a 60-year-old woman, were discharged on Tuesday.
Union territory Administrator V P Singh Badnore said the relaxations given in Chandigarh were aimed at re-starting economic activities, and appealed to people to maintain proper social distancing.A total of 24,867 migrant labourers had been sent back to their home states through 18 special trains and buses, according to an official statement.
Adviser Manoj Parida said the tri-city bus service will start very shortly.He said necessary consent has been sought from other states so that inter-state bus service could be resumed. He also said the buses will run with 50 per cent occupancy. DPB DPB
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Watch out for 4 IPOs opening on August 4— here’s a snapshot for each of the companies selling shares tomorrow
- MG Motor joins hands with Jio to improve connected car experience on its upcoming vehicle
- Amazon, Microsoft and Google control nearly two-thirds of the global cloud infra market
- The Sleep Company ropes in Anil Kapoor as its first-ever brand ambassador
- Xiaomi launches RedmiBook Pro and RedmiBook e-Learning Edition — its first Redmi branded laptops in India