57 new coronavirus cases in MP, number rises to 313
Bhopal, Apr 7 () With 57 fresh cases reported inthe state, the number of coronavirus cases in Madhya Pradeshrose to 313 on Tuesday.
Twenty-four cases were reported in Bhopal, taking thenumber of COVID-19 patients in the city to 85, a healthofficial said.Of the 313 cases, 173 are from Indore, the commercialcapital of the state.
The death toll due to coronavirus in the state nowstands at 23, said health officials.Among others, 40 health workers including doctors and12 policemen and their family members have contracted thevirus in the state capital.
With cases of infection being reported from two moredistricts of the state on Monday, the pandemic has covered 14districts of the state so far.Apart from Indore and Bhopal, Morena district hasrecorded 12 cases, Jabalpur eight, Ujjain 13, Khargone four,Gwalior six, Barwani three, Chhindwara and Shivpuri two eachand Betul, Hoshangabad and Vidisha recording one case each.One patient hails from outside the state.
A doctor tested positive in Itarsi town of Hoshangabaddistrict, collector Dhananjay Singh said.
Twenty-one persons have been discharged from hospitalsafter full recovery.The condition of 228 patients is stable while 20patients were said to be in serioud condition.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Argentine Football legend Diego Maradona, 60, dead
- Bengal Minister Hakim likely to take part in Covaxin Phase-3 trial
- Headspace to offer unlimited access to students from IIT and IIM in India for six months
- Cyclone Nivar likely to cross coast tonight, TN CM declares one more day holiday
- Delhi's air quality deteriorates to 'severe' category due to slow winds