7 persons who returned from Chennai test positive for COVID-19 in Nagaland, total at 25
Of the fresh cases, two are from Dimapur, four from Kohima and one from Tuensang district, the minister said.
All the new patients returned from Chennai on May 22 by a 'Shramik Special' train.The train brought back 1,328 residents of the state, who were stranded in different parts of Tamil Nadu due to the ongoing lockdown enforced to check the spread of the virus. Advertisement
Of the total 25 cases in the northeastern state, 13 patients are undergoing treatment at the designated COVID hospital in Dimapur, seven in the Chedema COVID hospital in Kohima and five in Tuensang COVID hospital.
So far no deaths due to COVID-19 have been reported in the state.The Nagaland government has not included in its tally of coronavirus cases a person from the state who tested positive for COVID-19 on April 12 in Assam after a private hospital in Dimapur referred him to Guwahati for treatment. He later recovered from the disease. NBS SOM SMN SMN
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- 936 new COVID-19 cases in Assam; eight more die
- 156 fresh cases in Jharkhand, COVID-19 tally now 3,518
- 755 new COVID-19 cases take Odisha's tally to 11,956
- Battling depression, AIIMS Delhi junior doctor jumps off 10th floor of hostel, dies
- AIIMS probe finds no mala fide intent in death of COVID-19 positive journalist: Harsh Vardhan