80 new COVID-19 cases reported in AP; three deaths take toll to 27 in state
This is thus far the largest spurt in the number ofcoronavirus cases in the state in a single day.
Two patients in Guntur district had a relapse at theend of their 14-day treatment period, testing positive forcoronavirus afresh on Thursday, a senior official of theHealth Department said.
This was reported when the mandatory tests wereconducted on the two prior to their scheduled discharge.
They would now continue to remain in hospital forfurther treatment, the official added.
The contagion spread by Tablighi Jamaat attendeescontinued to push coronavirus cases further in the two hotbedsof Kurnool and Guntur as the two districts now have a whopping234 and 195 cases respectively.
As many as 31 new cases were added in Kurnool and 18in Guntur on Thursday, according to the latest COVID-19bulletin.
The community transmission that began in the templetown of Srikalahasthi in Chittoor district spread further as14 more cases were registered in the last 24 hours.
Chittoor now has 73 cases, the fourth highest in thestate behind the 88 in Krishna district.
Two coronavirus deaths were reported in Kurnooldistrict and one in Krishna, taking the overall toll in thestate so far to 27.
In Krishna district, nine patients got cured anddischarged from hospital, seven in Chittoor and five in Kadapain the last 24 hours, the bulletin said.
It said a record 6,522 samples were tested during theperiod, of which 6,442 turned negative.The cumulative number of COVID-19 tests in the statestood at 48,034 and 47,141 of them were negative till date,the bulletin added. DBV SS
- New Covid-like virus found in Russian bats — Here’s all you need to know
- Land records of Lord Jagannath's over 60,000 acres in 7 states to be digitised
- The sustainability edge: Smriti Irani, Bhupendra Yadav to grace The Economic Times SDGs Summit 2022 that aims to change ideas to solutions
- Samsung’s phone batteries are reportedly swelling up – here’s everything you need to know
- Torrent Pharma to acquire Curatio for Rs 2,000 crore