82 fresh cases in Kerala, COVID-19 tally touches 1,494
In the highest single day spike, 86 cases were reported in Kerala yesterday.
Of the new cases, 53 people had come from abroad and 19 from other states, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan told reportersafter a COVID-19 evaluation meeting.
Vijayan said 832 people are presently under treatment.
Five people had been infected through contact as 24 people, who were positive, have recovered and been discharged.
Giving the break-up of the fresh cases, Vijayan said Thiruvananthapuram reported 14, Malappuram 11, Idukki nine, Kottayam eight, Alappuzha seven, Kozhikode seven, Palakkad, Kollam, Ernakulam five each, Thrissur four, Kasaragod three, Kannur two and Pathnamthitta two.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Indian drug regulator kicks off probe on cough syrup linked to deaths of Gambian children
- India's service sector activity falls to 6-month low in Sep amid inflation, competition: PMI
- Indians are taking more personal loans, buying consumer goods on credit, says report
- WhatsApp Business gives a new lease of life to solopreneurs across India and Bharat
- With 303 vulnerabilities, Google Chrome is the riskiest browser of 2022: Atlas VPN