835 new COVID-19 cases found in Maharashtra in 36 hours: CM
He said limited industrial activities have beenallowed in certain areas of the state, but this should not beseen as indication that the threat of coronavirus has recededin any way.
There has been a rise of 835 cases of COVID-19 inMaharashtra in the last 36 hours. We are relaxing thestringent norms of lockdown to restart the wheels of economy.
"(But) one should not interpret that the threat ofcoronavirus is over," he cautioned.
Select industrial activities are starting only in non-hotspot zones in terms of coronavirus cases, he said.
"We are testing how we can resume industrial andbusiness activities. There has been some relaxation in orangeand green zones to resume industrial activities," said thechief minister.
The green zones are those which have not reported anycoronavirus case, while orange zones are the ones where only afew infections have been reported.Maharashtra, the most industrialised state, is worstaffected by coronavirus in the country. Till Sunday night,Maharashtra had recorded 4,200 COVID-19 cases. NDRSY RSY
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Here’s all you need to know about Suzlon Energy’s ₹1,200 crore rights issue after founder Tulsi Tanti’s death
- Top deals of the day on Amazon during festival sale
- Xiaomi says it is disappointed after ₹5,551.27 crore seizure order is upheld, claims the remittances are legitimate
- Mobility-as-a-service to generate fuel cost savings of $10.8 bn by 2027 says report
- Floodlight failure and a snake on the field cause interruptions in the second T20I at Guwahati