90 pc adolescents in 15-18 age group administered first dose of COVID-19 vaccine in Delhi: Data
Until February 24, 54 per cent of them have even received the second dose of the vaccine, the data presented during a meeting of the Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) earlier this week mentioned.
This means 9.13 lakh adolescents have been administered the first dose of the vaccine while 5.44 lakh of them have received the second dose.
According to the data, vaccination in this age group has been the highest in Southwest district of Delhi with 1,22,717 adolescents having received the first dose, followed by Northwest (1,17,560) and West (93,251).
The Southwest district again leads the tally in the administration of the second dose with 74,881 adolescents having received the jab, followed by Northwest (65,617) and Northeast (61,674), the data mentioned.
Earlier, the Delhi government had directed its officials to open temporary vaccination centres in its 20 schools to inoculate the population in the 15-18 years age group.
For the first time in two years, schools in the national capital will open completely for offline education from April 1 with the DDMA on Friday giving its nod to end the hybrid mode of operation.Schools in the national capital were closed in March 2020 ahead of a nationwide lockdown to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus. PTI AMP CJ CJ
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- All major automakers except Bajaj Auto expected to register growth in January say brokerages
- India's core sector output rises by 7.4 per cent in December
- Indian start-ups are looking at reverse flipping says Economic Survey
- This cheesecake startup refused to give up a slice of its company for a lower valuation on Shark Tank India
- SC suggest Nirav Modi's bro-in-law to give letter of authority to CBI to access offshore bank accounts