99 test positive, Chhattisgarh COVID-19 count touches 3,415
A total of 84 patients were discharged from different hospitals in the day, taking the number of such cases to 2728, he said.
Of the new cases, 46 were from Raipur, 19 from Janjgir-Champa, nine from Bilaspur, seven from Kanker, six from Narayanpur, five from Raigarh, three from Balodabazar, two from Bijapur and one case each from Rajnandgaon and Bemetara districts, he said."Eight police personnel are among the new cases detected in Raipur. Five BSF personnel in a quarantine centre in Bande village in Kanker were detected with the infection. With this, the overall case count in the BSF reached 77 in the state, of which 55 have recovered," an official said. Advertisement
The number of active cases in the state is 673, as 2,728 people have been discharged after recovery while 14 have died so far, he said.
With 492 COVID-19 cases so far, Raipur district tops the list followed by Korba (323 cases), Rajanandgaon (321), Janjgir-Champa (276), Balodabazar (256), Bilaspur (247), Jashpur (189), Durg (172), Balrampur (146), Raigarh (139), Mungeli (123) and Kabirdham (110), he said.The districts which have reported less than 10 cases are Dhamtari (8), Sukma (5), Bijapur (4), Gaurela-Pendra- Marwahi (3) and Kondagaon (3), he said.
Chhattisgarh's COVID-19 figures are as follows: positive cases 3,415, new cases 99, deaths 14, discharged 2,728, active cases 673, people tested so far 1,89,038. TKP BNM BNM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- 1 million tons of contaminated radioactive water still plagues Japan nearly a decade after the Fukushima nuclear disaster
- Maharashtra government partners with Google to provide remote learning to 23 million students
- Tamil Nadu reports 5,684 COVID-19 cases
- Maharashtra adds a records 11,514 COVID-19 cases and witnesses 316 deaths in a single day
- Two-wheeler sales in India could contract by 16-18% in FY2021, says ICRA