A 45-year old TV journalist, working for a Hindi channel, was shot dead in Uttar Pradesh's Ballia district
- According to the police, the journalist was involved in a property dispute with his neighbour Dinesh Singh.
- A senior officer said cross FIRs were registered against both the parties in 2019 in connection with the property dispute.
- Talking about Monday's incident, Kumar asserted that the reason behind Ratan's murder was property dispute and not related to the journalist's work.
He has been identified as
"A journalist working with a Hindi news channel was shot dead on Monday night in Phephana. He has been identified as Ratan Singh (45)," Additional Superintendent of Police Sanjay Yadav said.
AdvertisementAdditional Chief Secretary (Home) Awanish Awasthi said four people, Dinesh Singh, Arvind Singh, Suneel Singh and Moti Singh, have been arrested in this connection.
According to the police, the journalist was involved in a property dispute with his neighbour Dinesh Singh.
"Ratan had a dispute regarding property with his neighbor. On Monday evening, there was a fight between the two sides, and the neighbour shot at him. Accused Dinesh Singh is also Ratan Singh's parcener," Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) Prashant Kumar said.
A senior officer said cross FIRs were registered against both the parties in 2019 in connection with the property dispute.
A case was registered against Ratan Singh, but his name was later cleared, he said.
Talking about Monday's incident, Kumar asserted that the reason behind Ratan's murder was property dispute and not related to the journalist's work.
Advertisement"Action under the National Security Act and Gangster Act will also be taken against the four accused," he added.
Kishore Biyani-led Future Retail averts a default — settles $14 million interest payment to investors
The WHO just released specific mask guidance for kids as they gear up to return to school: children 12 and older should wear them as adults do
More than half the parents will not send their children to school even if they reopen, says survey
Popular on BI
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Qatar Airways says it is not accepting passengers on its flights from 2 African nations immediately due to the new Omicron variant
- Gautam Adani, the man who may soon be Asia's richest person, is a college dropout who survived the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks and says he was once kidnapped for ransom
- Paytm Q2 result — Operational revenue crosses ₹1000 crore, loss widens by ₹37 crore
- These Indian states have the highest number of international airports; UP tops the list
- Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days
- Over a million Ethereum tokens have been burned since the big upgrade, but transaction costs are still a pain point for the network
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200