A fake picture of Hyderabad rape-encounter is doing the rounds on social media
- Soon after the Telangana police gunned the four people accused in the
Hyderabad rape casethis morning, fake pictures of the encounter scene are doing rounds on social media.
- The picture is originally from an encounter that took place in 2015 — where the police shot 20 woodcutters hired by red sander smugglers.
- A week back, the city witnessed the gruesome rape of a 27-year-old veterinarian who was later burnt to death.
AdvertisementSoon after the Telangana police gunned the four people accused in the
This picture however is not related to the
A week back, the city witnessed the gruesome rape of a 27-year-old veterinarian who was later burnt to death. Her body which was found charred on the highway had angered many people. The police arrested all the four accused four days back.
In the wee hours of Friday, at 4 am, the police took them to the crime scene — to NH44 to recreate the crime. They were shot dead after an accused snatched a pistol from the police and tried to escape. Legal experts sought an immediate probe on the encounter as it sounds “fishy and mysterious”.
In the meanwhile, the nation is celebrating the encounter like it is a festival. While children are dancing at schools, crackers are being burst and petals are being showered on police. On social media too, the sentiment is pro-police as many of them hailed the act as ‘justice’.
It's not the first time Cyberabad Commissioner Sajjanar delivered 'instant' justice
Families of Hyderabad rape accused cry foul on police 'encounter'
Twitterati now wants Hyderabad police-like ‘justice’ for Unnao rape victim struggling for life after being set ablaze
- Apophis, the ‘God of Chaos’ asteroid is speeding up — increasing the likelihood of it hitting Earth in 2068
- Sputnik V: RDIF seeks vaccine's speedy registration, prequalification from WHO
- Ankhi Das quits as Facebook's India public policy head
- States urged to adopt national approach: Niti Aayog on 'free vaccine'
- Analysts expect no surprises from Axis Bank in the second quarter — loan growth and collections to be slow