Ahmedabad reports 193 new COVID-19 cases, 256 recoveries
With the death of three more COVID-19 patients during the same period, the toll in the district reached 1,831, nearly half of the total 3,463 fatalities registered in Gujarat till now, it said.
Also, 256 patients undergoing treatment at different hospitals in the district recovered and discharged in the last 24 hours, said a state government release.With this, the tally of recovered cases in the district went up to 31,095, it said.
Out of the 193 fresh cases, 172 were from Ahmedabad city and 21 from rural parts of the district.As part of the local civic body's intensive surveillance and testing strategy to identify positive patients, health teams have been deployed at Kalupur railway station to test incoming passengers.
On Thursday, the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) tested 1,382 incoming passengers at the station and found that seven of them were infected with the disease, an AMC release said. PJT PD RSY RSY
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Upcoming bike launches in November: From Ducati Multistrada to Royal Enfield Meteor and KTM 250, to 2021 Honda CB1000R, here’s the list
- Researchers identify new drug to treat Covid-19 patients
- Ice drug worth 2 crore seized, 2 held
- Nearly a third of RIL’s profit is shaved off by the dent in refining
- Reliance Retail clocks nearly as much revenue as a year earlier as COVID shock abates — but the Amazon threat looms