All 42 'inconclusive' COVID-19 samples found negative at NIB: Noida CMO
The samples were collected at the Government Institute of Medical Sciences (GIMS) in Greater Noida and found "inconclusive" by experts there after which they sent these to the NIB on May 5, the officials said.
The development was followed by a controversy over "low number of tests" being done in Gautam Buddh Nagar even as some people took to social media to claim that the "higher authorities" were meddling in the result reports.However, the GIMS, an ICMR-approved COVID-19 testing facility, had refuted the charges on May 7, saying that due to technical reasons, some lab reports tend to be inconclusive.
The senior doctor also assured that the medical workers are dedicated to the fight against the pandemic and urged people not to believe or spread rumours."All doctors, medical and paramedical staff in the district are putting in all efforts with transparency to combat coronavirus. Some people are making unsubstantiated claims and creating a situation of confusion which is discouraging for 'corona warriors' and their energy is wasted in clarifying these doubts," the CMO said in a statement.
Gautam Buddh Nagar adjoining Delhi in western Uttar Pradesh has recorded 216 positive cases of coronavirus, including two deaths, till Saturday evening, even as 121 patients have got discharged after successful treatment, according to official figures. KIS RDKRDK
- Connaught Place to remain shut as farmers' tractor parade turns violent
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar
- Protesting farmers break barricades at Delhi borders, entering the national capital ahead of time