Anand Mahindra reveals the ‘noble cause’ behind banana leaves at his canteens
Anand Mahindrarecently announced on Twitter that his company Mahindra Group’s canteens now use banana leaves instead of plates.
- This move will help banana farmers in the country who are struggling to find buyers.
- Mahindra had earlier announced that the group will make ventilators, an urgent requirement to fight Covid-19, from their factories.
A retired journalist, Padma Ramnath mailed me out of the blue & suggested that if our canteens used banana leaves a… https://t.co/3qGImStpHr— anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) 1586428062000
The tweet now has over 55,000 likes.
As most factories are shut, a few employees there continue to work. The group said that social distancing measures were being followed like staggered shifts and redesigned canteens to eliminate face-to-face seating.
Mahindra Group’s kitchens are also packing meals for thousands of needy.
Due to the pandemic, auto manufacturers had to shut down production due to the nationwide lockdown. Mahindra then said that these factories will produce ventilators, an urgent requirement to fight Covid-19, from their factories. Meanwhile, its Pitampur plant also started making face shields for healthcare professionals.
“We need to create scores of temporary hospitals and we have a scarcity of ventilators. To help in the response of this unprecedented threat, we at the Mahindra Group will immediately begin work on how our manufacturing facilities can make ventilators," Mahindra announced on Twitter.
The billionaire also announced that he will be donating his entire salary to the Mahindra Group fund which was created for Coronavirus. In a letter to his employees, Mahindra had said that the
Mukesh Ambani doubles his bet on edtech – Reliance Industries invests ₹500 crore in startup Embibe
- Number of COVID-19 tests cross 40 lakh-mark; cases surge to over 2 lakh: Health ministry
- AIIMS Nurses' Union protests over working conditions; 329 workers contracted COVID-19 so far
- Highest spike of 1,513 COVID cases takes tally to over 23K in Delhi; death toll rises to 606
- As coronavirus cases spiral, Delhi govt forms 5-member panel to strengthen health infra in city
- 34 new COVID-19 cases in C'garh, tally rises to 628
- Cyclone Nisarga Updates
- Lockdown extended
- Telangana lockdown guidelines
- Surat Containment Zones
- Karnataka Lockdown Guidelines
- Delhi Containment Zones
- Indore corona cases
- Ecommerce Policy
- Coronavirus cases in India
- Coronavirus cases
- Telangana Coronavirus hotspot
- Maharashtra lockdown guidelines
- Containment Zone in Kolkata
- Pune Containment Zone
- Punjab lockdown guidelines
- Tamilnadu lockdown Guidelines