Arvind Kejriwal launches ‘Green Delhi’ app — Here’s how to download and use the application
- Delhi chief minister
Arvind Kejriwallaunched the ‘Green Delhi’ mobile application on Thursday.
- The Green Delhi application will allow the citizens to report pollution-causing activities to the Delhi government directly.
- Here’s how to download the ‘Green Delhi’ application.
While addressing the media online, Kejriwal said the government wants to involve everyone in the fight against pollution as “no big change can take place without the support of people”.
Launching the 'Green Delhi' App to increase citizen participation in our fight against pollution and ensure timely… https://t.co/7jcbhHGTKM— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) 1603953084000
“We have taken initiatives in the last five years as well following which the pollution here has been reduced by 25%. We are still taking steps like all the thermal power plants are all closed in Delhi. Fuel has been changed in 95% of the industries in Delhi. Now they are using non polluting fuels,” said Kejriwal.
How does the ‘Green Delhi’ app work?
- The ‘Green Delhi’ app allows citizens to click pictures or make a video of any activity that causes pollution, such as burning garbage, industrial pollution, dust, among others.
- Citizens can then upload the digital photograph on to the application, and it will identify the location automatically.
- Once the location is detected, the complaint will be filed and be forwarded to the concerned department for time-bound redressal.
A ‘green war room’ has been set up at the Delhi Secretariat to monitor the status of complaints. A team of 70 ‘green’ marshals will assist in their redressal, he said.
How to download the ‘Green Delhi’ application?
The application can be downloaded from Google Playstore by following these simple steps:
- Go onto Google Playstore app in your Android phone.
- You will find ‘
Green Delhi App.’
- Now hit ‘install’.
- Once installed, you can log in using your mobile number.
COVID-19 vaccine updates: Pfizer, Moderna to roll out COVID-19 vaccine by December
Dow craters 943 points in worst day since June as virus spike spurs new lockdowns
- PM's visit to vaccine centres gets 'praise' from Congress
- Pollution, pandemic and pre-term birth
- Serum Institute of India threatens to seek ₹100 crore in damages from Chennai volunteer
- PM to interact with more teams of Covid-19 vaccine developers
- UP to have cold chain space for 1.23L litres of vaccine