As India nears a million active cases, cops and doctors are getting pulled out of work
- India is currently the fourth among the most-affected countries at the moment.
- The number of Covid-19 cases have increased over 8 times since January 1.
- According to researchers at IIT Kanpur, India’s Omicron cases will peak by February 3, 2022.
There has been a rapid increase in the number of Covid-19 cases in India since January 1. The country reported 1.94 lakh positive cases on January 11, which is over 8 times increase since the first day of 2022. At the recent run rate, India is likely to have a million active cases by tomorrow.
Even though the rate of hospitalisations is lower this time around, state governments as well as the Centre have imposed several new restrictions and regulations to keep the Omicron variant from spreading. India is currently the fourth most impacted country at the moment.
AdvertisementOverall, 2.8 million Covid-19 cases were reported across the globe on January 11.
*Data: as on January 11
According to researchers at IIT Kanpur, India’s Omicron cases will peak by February 3, 2022. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on December 25, announced that 61% of the adult population in India are fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has highlighted that Omicron, even though mild, is not common cold and should be taken seriously. The United Nations’ health agency has also warned that it could still pose “very high” risk and overwhelm healthcare systems across the globe.
Due date for filing income tax returns extended to March 15, 2022 for individuals whose accounts are to be audited
Not just small investors, even Alibaba-owned ANT Group and Softbank have lost money on Paytm
DMart is focussing on being a cost-effective grocer, but the market wants it to be more than that
Popular on BI
- Best QLED TVs in India 2022
- Best wired headphones you can get on a budget
- Best wireless headphones for gamers
- Best smart TVs that come with a built-in voice assistant
- Best gaming mice for esports players