Assam: 3 arrested in looting, poaching cases
Seven people went to the Habi Rongphar village in the Dolamara police station area on May 16 and beat up some villagers with gun butts and bamboo sticks, they said.
They also went to the village on March 27 and opened fire, and forcefully took away rice, pulses and livestock from each of the houses there, police said.Subsequently, a case was registered and police began an investigation, following which the arrests were made. Advertisement
The three arrested have been identified as David Siama of Manipur, and Biki Thapa and Simon Lakra of Assam, police said.
Arms and ammunition, including a Type 81 rifle, two AK-56 rifles and a DBBL gun, were seized, besides camping materials, among others.Police sad those arrested have confessed about their involvement in a rhino poaching case in the Kaziranga National Park.
Search is on to nab the four other accused persons, they said. CORR ESB SOM SOM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Goa jail inmates being tested for COVID-19 as jailor found +ve
- Goa: Sawant rules out lockdown amidst rise in COVID-19 cases
- Security personnel testing COVID-19 positive won't be allowed to enter Sikkim: State govt
- COVID-19: Last batch of Indians to leave for home from S Africa on Sunday
- Mukesh Ambani's Reliance closes deals with four more investors securing ₹30,062 crore