Assam records third COVID-19 death, number of cases rises to 102
The elderly man was also suffering from neck cancer and had recently gone to Mumbai for treatment, the minister said.
He said the patient passed away at 11.05 am at Guwahati Medical College Hospital (GMCH).
"Doctors did their best... Heartfelt condolences," Sarma said in a tweet.
The wife and son of the deceased man have been shifted out from their quarantine facility in a hotel and admitted to the Mahendra Mohan Choudhury Hospital, the minister said.
Two men, both aged 20 and from Nagaon and Titabor tested positive for COVID-19, taking the total number of confirmed cases to 102 in Assam, Sarma said.Earlier, a Tablighi Jamaat returnee from Hailakandi and a 16-year-old girl had died in the state due to the infection. DG RBT CK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Chinese smartphone brands under scrutiny, government to check components, pre-installed apps: Report
- Best AMD desktop processors — which one to buy in India?
- Best AMD Ryzen laptops in India
- Best TVs with HDR support in India
- Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million, making it the most expensive in Yacht Club collection
- Startup salaries have increased over 40% in the last six months