Ayurveda tips for increasing immunity system as per AYUSH recommendation
- Studies with the patients infected with COVID-19 suggest that those with stronger immunity systems can survive the disease.
- The fact that there is no medicine makes it necessary for people to boost their immunity.
- Ayurveda, the traditional therapeutic system of India, has a lot of suggestions on how to uplift and maintain immunity.
The Ministry of AYUSH recommended a set of self-care guidelines based on Ayurveda. These are centered around boosting respiratory health.
Guidelines from Ayurveda on boosting up and maintaining the immunity in humans
Gen eral Advice
- Drink warm water all through the day in small quantities.
- Practice the yogic procedures like Yogasanas, Pranayama and Meditation for about 30 minutes a day.
- Make use of the spices including Haldi (Turmeric), Jeera (Cumin), Dhaniya (Coriander) and Lahsun (Garlic) across the different recipes while cooking.
- Consuming 10 grams of Chyavanprash every day in the mornings can help in boost immunity. Diabetics can use sugar-free Chyavanprash.
- Prepare an herbal tea with the ingredients including Tulsi (Basil), Dalchini (Cinnamon), Kalimirch (Black pepper), Shunthi (Dry Ginger) and Munakka (Raisin). Drink this once or twice every day. If you prefer, you can add natural sugar (jaggery), or fresh lemon juice for taste.
- Take golden milk once or twice a day. This is made by adding half a teaspoon of Haldi (turmeric) powder in 150 ml hot milk.
- In mornings and evenings, apply sesame oil or coconut oil or ghee in both the nostrils (Pratimarsh Nasya).
- Gargle with 1 tablespoon sesame or for about 2 to 3 minutes. After that, rinse the mouth with warm water. Do this once or twice a day. This is known as oil pulling.
- Once a day, perform steam inhalation with fresh Pudina (Mint) leaves or Ajwain (Carom seeds).
- To remedy throat irritation or cough, take Lavang (Clove) powder mixed with natural sugar or honey, two to three times.
- The practices listed above are the general advice given by Ayurveda to boost immunity. If you notice the symptoms of dry cough and sore throat persisting, it is best to consult a doctor.
- All the measures given above can be practiced as per the convenience.
- Eminent Ayurvedic experts from across the nation recommend these procedures.
- Air travel Guidelines
- Customized Face Mask
- Paytm Payment Bank
- Surat Containment Zones
- Karnataka Lockdown Guidelines
- COVID-19 infections
- Modi’s Stimulus Package
- Ecommerce Policy
- Coronavirus cases in India
- Coronavirus cases
- Telangana Coronavirus hotspot
- Maharashtra extends lockdown
- Containment Zone in Kolkata
- Pune Containment Zone
- Mukesh Ambani
- Tamilnadu lockdown Guidelines