Azim Premji, Anand Mahindra, AIIMS Chief call for private participation in India’s COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- In a closed door meeting with Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Premji reportedly pitched a plan to deliver the
COVID-19 vaccineto 500 million people within 60 days.
- Earlier, Mahindra group chairman
Anand Mahindrahad called for the participation of private players to boost the vaccination drive in India.
- India has administered over 1.11 million doses of its approved vaccines 'Covishield' and 'Covaxin'.
After a callout from Dr.
In a closed door meeting with India’s Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Premji reportedly pitched a plan to deliver the COVID-19 vaccine to 500 million people within 60 days. “I think that’s a practicality. I think it is very important the government considers this as a major supplement to the effort,” he said during the meeting, reported Times of India.
Up to to 4th place but this is clearly not enough. We have the production capability.We need to harness the private… https://t.co/GraKT9AqW8— anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) 1613463307000
On February 20,
India will start the next phase of COVID-19 vaccination for over 27 crore individuals – people above 50 years of age. The phase is set to begin from March first week.
As the vaccination reaches out to the masses, the world’s largest vaccine maker Serum Institute of India has been asked to focus on India’s needs, tweeted its CEO Adar Poonawalla.
Dear countries & governments, as you await #COVISHIELD supplies, I humbly request you to please be patient,… https://t.co/tQQsGkPtVW— Adar Poonawalla (@adarpoonawalla) 1613882072000
According to latest reports, India has administered over 1.11 million doses of its approved vaccines 'Covishield' and 'Covaxin'.
One in every five rupees lent by SBI to individuals, goes to government employees
Discounts have dropped lower on the customer’s priority list, say Indian e-tailers
INTERVIEW: Deutsche Bank plans to hire 1,000 employees in India as it looks to build core technologies in-house
- Bihar has no governance, state budget a bundle of lies : Tejashwi in assembly
- Haryana to table anti-conversion bill in upcoming budget session: Minister
- Bihar saw 8-fold growth in budget size during both RJD and NDA regimes : Tejashwi
- MVA govt trying to curtail budget session citing pandemic: BJP
- Gangubai Kathiawadi: An inspiring journey of a brothel head and a political leader of Kamathipura