Baggage delay complaints at airports went up by 53% over last year: Ministry of Civil Aviation
- According to the
ministry of civil aviation, Airports across the country have received 53 per cent more complaints related to baggage delays.
- Member of Parliament Komatireddy Venkat Reddy from Telangana had put forward a query in
Lok Sabha, regarding complaints of baggage delays in arrival halls of various airports that have been reported in the country.
Member of Parliament Komatireddy Venkat Reddy from Telangana had put forward a query in Lok Sabha, regarding complaints of baggage delays in arrival halls of various airports that have been reported in the country.
Responding to the question, General (Rtd) VK Singh, Minister of State for Civil Aviation, said that complaints received from the air passengers regarding baggage delays in arrival halls of various airports are resolved by the concerned service providers as per their policy and guidelines emanating from the provisions of Carriage by
He added that for timely redressal of complaints, nodal officers have been nominated by the service providers. An Airsewa cell has been established in the ministry of civil aviation to monitor the redressal of grievances.
On being asked regarding the number of complaints received during the last three years and the current year and the steps taken by the government in this regard, MoS in the ministry of civil aviation said that in 2019, they received 1,104 complaints and these were resolved. In 2020, they have received 409 such complaints and all were resolved, the minister said, adding that in 2021, as many as 434 complaints were received and resolved. But in 2022 till November 30, total 926 complaints were received and 910 were resolved, 16 are still pending.
Apple expands end-to-end encryption to iCloud in a bid to make it safer for vulnerable profiles like celebrities, activists, or journalists
Here are some free AI-powered apps and tools to try right now
Popular on BI
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- Laid-off Google employees are turning to a Discord server with nearly 18,000 members for emotional support and financial advice
- WhatsApp rolls out ability to create avatars on iOS
- One in four users unaware of crypto cybercrime risks: Cybersecurity firm Kaspersky
- Telegram adds real-time message translation in its new update
- Global smartphone revenue fall by 9% in 2022: Counterpoint Research
- Ex-military ruler Pervez Musharraf dies in Dubai: Pak media