Bihar assembly passes 2nd supplementary budget for FY21 by voice vote
The passage of the supplementary budget along with the Bihar Appropriation Bill, 2021 will help the government to meet outstanding expenditure in the current fiscal, Deputy Chief Minister Tarkishore Prasad said.
Prasad, who holds the finance portfolio, said Rs 9,530.27 crore has been earmarked for the annual scheme and Rs 9,399.98 crore for the establishment and committed expenditure in the supplementary budget.Participating in a debate on the supplementary budget for the current fiscal ending March 31, the deputy chief minister said in the House that the share of city residents has increased to 15.28 per cent of the state's population, following the creation of 116 new urban bodies.
He said the decision to create new urban local bodies helped people get services and avail basic amenities at ease.The state now has 18 municipal corporations, up from 12, while the number of municipal councils rose to 83 from 49 and 'Nagar Panchayats' to 157 from 81, the deputy CM said. AR BDC BDC
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- L’Oréal Paris and ambassadors Aditi Rao Hydari, Sobhita Dhulipala, Shakti Mohan and Mithali Raj share their heartfelt gratitude for heroes on International Nurses Day
- This cryptocurrency is valued at $45 billion, and it's just a day old
- India's geo imaging satellite launch delayed due to rising COVID-19 cases
- Gartner report reveals global chip shortage may continue till Q2 2022
- COVID-19: Gurugram, Faridabad and Sonipat districts in Haryana worst hit with new infections