Bihar COVID-19 death toll reaches 88, infection tally climbs to 11,456
A health department release said one COVID-19 death each was reported from Patna, Bhagalpur, Kishanganj and Samastipur districts.
The department, however, did not provide any details like age, sex, travel history of the deceased and co-morbidities, if any, suffered by them.It also did not specify if they died before or after testing positive for the coronavirus. Advertisement
A total of 349 COVID-19 cases were reported from 28 districts on Saturday, the release said, adding that Saharsa witnessed the highest number of 53 cases while Muzaffarpur reported 44 cases.
All 38 districts in the state have reported COVID-19 cases and the worst affected was Patna, which has the highest number of cases at 1,045, followed by Bhagalpur (568), Madhubani (497), Begusarai (476), Siwan (472), Muzaffarpur (444), Munger (396), Rohtas (370), Samastipur (368) and Katihar (355).The state has a total of 11,456 positive Coronavirus cases with 88 casualties, the health departments release said. Of 11,456 cases, 8,488 persons have recovered while there are 2,880 active cases.
The states recovery rate is at 74.09 per cent, it said, adding that the number of samples tested, so far, is 2,51,097. AR RG SMN SMN
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Red bricks don’t just make walls, they can now power your house too
- India approves another $1.2 billion for defence over and above the $5.5 billion last month
- Best gaming consoles in India
- IT and media employees are in no hurry to get back to office — not until there are proper policies in place
- Here’s a look back at Rahat Indori’s famous poetry and shayari