Bodhghat irrigation project in C'garh gets Central nod: govt
The proposed project, to be set up at a cost of Rs 22,653 crore and considered a boon to the south Bastar region, would provide irrigation facility to an area of 3.66 lakh hectares annually in naxal-affected Dantewada, Sukma and Bijapur districts, besides generating 300 MW of hydro power, the official said.
The project envisages construction of a dam on the Indravati River near Barsur village in Dantewada district."The Union Ministry of Jal Shakti and the Central Water Commission (CWC) have given their in-principle assent to the pre-feasibility report of the Bodhghat project. Now the work of survey and preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) will be done at the earliest," he said, adding that the project has been pending for the last 40 years.
- Top stock movers — Bharti Airtel, RBL Bank, Pidilite, Titan, Hero Motocorp, Asian Paints, TCS, L&T and others
- Manforce Condoms aims to capture 50% market share by 2023
- ASCI asks BYJU’s White Hat Jr to withdraw its social ads for making misleading claims
- EXCLUSIVE: Tata Communications’ IoT head explains how COVID is driving the next wave of Internet of Things
- 2020 US Presidential election to be most expensive in history, expected to cost $14 billion