Bombay High Court advises Maharashtra to go under a strict 15-day lockdown
- The court made the statement during a hearing for a plea alleging the mismanagement of COVID-19 treatment in the state.
Bombay High Courthas advised that the state of Maharashtrashould go under a strict lockdown for another 15 days.
- Maharashtra has been one of the worst-hit states during the COVID-19 pandemic and continues to struggle with the number of cases.
AdvertisementThe Bombay High Court has advised that the state of Maharashtra should go under a strict lockdown for another 15 days.
The court made the statement during a hearing for a plea, which alleged that COVID-19 treatment was being mismanaged in the state. The Bombay High Court bench led by Chief Justice Dipankar Datta advised the state’s Advocate General Ashutosh Kumbhakoni to tell the Maharashtra government to go ahead with a 15-day strict lockdown.
“Please advise your government (state) if for 15 days there can be complete lockdown, no one comes out unless absolutely crucial,” said the court.
Maharashtra has been one of the worst-hit states during the COVID-19 pandemic and continues to struggle with the number of cases. The state has 6.7 lakh active COVID-19 cases.
“If people do not follow restrictions, if they do not follow guidelines then how will it work? Are they waiting for a third wave?” asked the court.
As per reports, Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has, already in a meeting, considered extending the restrictions in the state for another 15 days till May 15.The state was already under a lockdown-like restriction phase until April 30.
The state’s Health Minister Rajesh Tope was quoted confirming the same to news agencies, however the final decision rests on the state CM Thackeray.
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade