Budget Session of Parliament from Jan 31 to Apr 8: Lok Sabha Secretariat
New Delhi, Jan 14 (PTI) The Budget Session of Parliament will commence on January 31 with the address of the president to both the Houses and conclude on April 8, the Lok Sabha Secretariat said on Friday.
The Union Budget for 2022-23 will be presented on February 1.
The Economic Survey will be tabled on January 31 after the president's address, the Lok Sabha Secretariat said in a bulletin.
"The eighth session of seventeenth Lok Sabha will commence from January 31. Subject to exigencies of government business, the session is likely to conclude on April 8," according to the bulletin.
The first part of the session will conclude on February 11. After a month-long recess, the part two of the session would begin from March 14 and conclude on April 8.
The month-long recess is for allowing department-related parliamentary committees to examine budgetary allocations made to their respective ministries and present their reports.
During the part one of the session, campaigning for the assembly polls in five states would be in full swing. The polling will be held in seven phases between February 10 and March 7.
When the two Houses meet after the recess on March 14, the results of assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Goa, Punjab and Manipur would be out.
The counting is on March 10 for all the five states.
Amid a surge in COVID-19 cases, it would be mandatory for MPs as well as those entering the Parliament complex to have a negative RT-PCR report and a fully vaccination certificate, parliamentary sources said.
A decision on whether the two Houses should meet simultaneously or in separate shifts to ensure that not many people are present in the complex to ensure distancing norms is yet to be taken, the sources said.
The Monsoon Session of 2020 was the first full session held under Covid protocol with the Rajya Sabha meeting in the first half of the day and the Lok Sabha during the second half. The same process was followed for the first part of the Budget Session during 2021.For the second part of Budget Session and Monsoon and Winter sessions last year, the Rajya Sabha and the Lok Sabha went back to normal timings, but with members sitting in the chambers and galleries of respective Houses to ensure distancing. PTI JTR NAB DV SMN SMN
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Silicon Valley needs to stop laying off workers and start firing CEOs
- A laid-off Google engineer describes losing his 'only career' 16 years after starting as an intern
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- Entropik raises $25 mn from Bessemer Venture Partners, SIG & others
- E-commerce giant eBay to layoff 500 employees
- India to grow at 6.4% in FY24 says RBI, projects FY23 growth rate at 7%
- Hero MotoCorp shares fall 2% after earnings announcement
- Cold drinks, candy & now 'change': India to test coin vending machines that use UPI