Cabinet approves raising of upper limit for permitting abortions to 24 weeks
The Cabinet approved the Medical Termination of Pregnancy (Amendment) Bill, 2020 to amend the Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act, 1971.
The Bill will be introduced in the ensuing session of Parliament.
While addressing the media after the Cabinet meeting, Union Minister
He also said that this will ensure safe termination of pregnancies and also give women reproductive rights over their bodies.
The extension to 24 weeks will also help victims of rape, girls with disabilities as well as minors, who may not realise they are pregnant until later, he said.
- US: Florida hits more than 200,000 coronavirus cases
- Aurangabad COVID-19 count now 6,730, death toll touches 310
- Good screen time vs bad screen time: Experts debate online learning mandated by COVID-19
- More number of COVID-19 patients recovering at home: CM
- Maha: 22 CRPF personnel test COVID-19 positive in Gadchiroli
- Interstate Travel
- Chinese Apps
- India China Border Images
- Coronavirus Pandemic
- Lunar Eclipse in India
- Covid-19 Patient
- Acharya Balakrishna
- Coronavirus cases in India
- Coronavirus cases
- IIT Delhi
- Maharashtra lockdown guidelines
- Chinese App FAQ
- Chinese App Alternatives
- Indian Covid 19 Vaccine
- lunar Eclipse July