Central team in Hyderabad to assess COVID-19 situation
The Inter-Ministerial Central Team (IMCT) visitedthe sports facility at Gachibowli in the city, which has beenconverted into a COVID-19 hospital by the state government ina record time, as part of its efforts to assess thepreparedness and the situation.
A state health official said they have apprised theteam about the facilities provided in the hospital fortreatment of COVID-19 patients.The visiting team members asked some questions andtook details, he said.Advertisement
The team also asked for details on the facilitiescreated for COVID-19 patients and the protocols being followedby the state government at other hospitals, he said.
Stating that the state government has acquired thenecessary facilities, the official said the team was satisfiedwith the arrangements.The Telangana government recently converted a 14-storey tower at Gachibowli sports complex here into a1,500-bedded COVID-19 special hospital.
About 1,000 workforce sweated it out to convert thetower, part of the sports complex , constructed in 2002, intoa full-pledged coronavirus hospital with 50 intensive careunit (ICU) beds, a senior state government official involvedin the execution of the healthcare centre earlier said.On Friday, 13 cases were reported, taking the tallyto 983, while the number of people who succumbed to the virusin the state was 25. The number of people who have been discharged fromhospitals was 291. SJR BNWELCOME BNWELCOME
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- India leaves borrowing calendar unchanged — sticks to its ₹12 lakh crore target for the year
- EA Play games will be available with Xbox Game Pass starting November 10
- Indians can now fly to Kenya and Bhutan under the new air bubble agreement, says Aviation Minister Puri
- Centre extends deadline for IT returns filing for 2019-20 to November 30
- September two-wheeler sales expectations — Hero MotoCorp expected to outperform Bajaj Auto and TVS Motor