Central team to visit Maharashtra, Gujarat, Telangana to bolster COVID-19 management efforts
According to officials, the team will also review the measures undertaken by the states for containment of COVID-19.
Maharashtra has reported the highest number of cases at 1,42,900. Gujarat has recorded 28,943 instances of the viral infection while Telangana has so far reported 10,331 cases, according to health ministry data.
India registered its worst single-day increase in COVID-19 cases on Thursday, recording more than 16,000 coronavirus infections, to push the overall tally to 4.73 lakh as the number of fatalities also jumped by 418, the Union Health Ministry said.
The ministry said there are 33.39 COVID-19 cases in India for every one lakh population, against the global average of 114.67. Also, the country has 1.06 deaths per lakh population, which is amongst the lowest in the world and the global average is 6.24.
Following efforts to ramp up facilities across the nation, there are in total 1,007 diagnostic labs, of which 734 are in the government sector and 273 private.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- 'Get your boy Elon in line:' Former NASA official says she was ridiculed for supporting SpaceX in new memoir
- India is betting on casinos, online games and horse races to fill its coffers
- Best voltage stabilizers for home in India
- Asus teases the ROG Phone 6 gaming phone — confirmed to feature IPX4 splash-resistance
- Supercomputers are faster and more powerful — but need to be more energy-efficient
- Best hair removal cream for women in India
- Sensex, Nifty maintain 3-day streak, rally by nearly 1%