Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days
The state government has always tried to ensure that people get to reap the benefits of MGNREGA scheme, panchayat and rural development minister Pulak Roy said.
"It is true that the Centre has increased the labour budget for West Bengal to 27 crore person-days. It has been our constant endeavour to ensure that the rural masses are not deprived of the benefits of the scheme," Roy said when contacted.
A senior official said that the Centre had allocated 22 crore person-days for the state in the current fiscal, and the West Bengal government successfully generated 24.5 crore man-days by October-end.
Last week, the number rose to 24.84 crore person-days, the official said.
"This success must have prompted the Union government to increase the labour budget," he claimed.
A total of 94.30 lakh individuals were given jobs to create the 24.84 crore person-days, he said.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- A student who accidentally became a millionaire with a cult following after selling his expressionless selfies as NFTs says he feels confused
- Internship at Bureau of Police Research & Development: Checkout all the details including last date, eligibility and stipend
- One of the largest cryptocurrency swapping platforms just lost $1.3 million as users failed to update approvals
- Reliance Industries, Vodafone Idea, Axis Bank, Deepak Nitrite and other hot stocks on January 24
- Fortune oil maker Adani Wilmar is looking to acquire southern players in edible oil, FMCG industry
- After 10-minute grocery delivery, a 15-minute ambulance service grabs investor interest
- Decentralised file sharing, movie streaming, and much more — these are top five Web3 cryptocurrencies to keep an eye on in 2022
- This Indian couple plans to get married in a Hogwarts-themed metaverse to beat the pandemic's restrictions