Odisha night curfew: a list of what is open and closed in 10 districts, as Covid-19 cases spike
- The Odisha government announced night curfew in 10 districts effective from April 5, 2021.
- Night curfew will be imposed in Sundargarh, Jharsuguda, Sambalpur, Bargarh, Bolangir, Nuapada, Kalahandi, Nabarangpur, Koraput and Malkangiri.
- The list of services/activities which are permitted or denied by the state government during the night curfew.
The night curfew will be imposed in Sundargarh, Jharsuguda, Sambalpur, Bargarh, Bolangir, Nuapada, Kalahandi, Nabarangpur, Koraput and Malkangiri from April 5.
Here’s the list of services/activities which are permitted or denied by the state government during the night curfew —
- Shops, commercial establishments, offices, institutions shall be closed from 10 pm to 5 am.
- Movement of individuals will not be permitted during the night curfew.
- Only essential services like medical emergency, ambulance service, will be operational during the curfew.
- Construction work and industrial units are allowed to function.
- Transportation services like taxis and private vehicles will be allowed to operate to and from airports, railway stations and bus stands.
- Government officials and employees, police, doctors, medical staff on duty will be exempted from the curfew.
- Staff of emergency units like fire services, telecom, water, electricity, transport services, railways, airports are also exempted from the restrictions.
SEE ALSO: Here’s a look at what is allowed and what is not during the weekend lockdown and night curfew in Maharashtra
Facebook-backed Meesho raises $300 million from SoftBank Vision Fund 2 – valuation jumps to over $2 billion
Pepperfry co-founder gets candid about its IPO plans, says profitability is right around the corner
- Airtel's India business is back in the black after a very long time
- Sequoia and PayPal-backed Pine Labs completes a first close of $285 million funding round from new investors
- BJP spent significantly less on advertising during Kerala elections this year, its ad insertions on TV, Radio and Print decreased from 21% in 2016 to 1% in 2021
- Google I/O 2021: Here's what to expect from Google's biggest annual conference
- ISRO announces its decision to share technology to make portable medical oxygen concentrators developed by VSSC