Congress leader Rahul Gandhi tests positive for COVID-19
Congressleader Rahul Gandhihas tested positive for COVID-19.
- He was experiencing mild symptoms prior to getting tested.
- Gandhi has asked anyone he has come in contact with to follow all safety protocols with respect to the virus.
After experiencing mild symptoms, I’ve just tested positive for COVID. All those who’ve been in contact with me r… https://t.co/K0IRI6tQZg— Rahul Gandhi (@RahulGandhi) 1618911745000
The news comes after another senior Congress leader and former Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh, tested positive for COVID-19 and was admitted to the hospital on April 19. Gandhi was among the well-wishers who hoped for his quick recovery.
Dear Dr. Manmohan Singh Ji, Wishing you a speedy recovery. India needs your guidance and advice in this difficult time.— Rahul Gandhi (@RahulGandhi) 1618839054000
However, Gandhi announced on Sunday that he is canceling all his election rallies in West Bengal due to the surge in COVID-19 cases. He urged others to do the same.
Couple of hours ago, Gandhi was seen criticising the government on its roll out of vaccines for individuals between the ages of 18 to 45 years. His issue is that the vaccines are not being provided for free, which means middlemen will be brought in without price controls in place. Those who can afford to buy may be okay, but people in weaker sections of society will be hard hit.
“Government of India’s vaccine ‘discrimination’, not ‘distribution’ strategy,” he said on Twitter.
SaaS-y salaries are 30% more than traditional IT services — and they’re making it tougher for traditional IT service firms to find the right talent
Tiger Global invests in healthcare startup Pristyn Care, valuation more than doubles in six months
India still has the ‘bad’ classification in the World Press Freedom Index, falls behind Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Nepal
- Tech giants Google, Amazon, and Apple back work authorisation in US for spouses of H-1B visa holders
- This new book about saving a forest as big as 178,000 football fields is only partly fictional
- Cyclone Tauktae causes heavy rains in Kerala — coastal areas are badly affected
- How to take screenshot on your Iphone
- How to change theme of your Instagram chat